borg-delete - Delete an existing repository or archives
borg [common options] delete [options] [REPOSITORY_OR_ARCHIVE] [ARCHIVE...]
This command deletes an archive from the repository or the complete repository.
Disk space is reclaimed accordingly. If you delete the complete repository,
the local cache for it (if any) is also deleted.
When using --stats, you will get some statistics about how
much data was deleted - the "Deleted data" deduplicated size there
is most interesting as that is how much your repository will shrink. Please
note that the "All archives" stats refer to the state after
See borg-common(1) for common options of Borg commands.
- repository or archive to delete
- archives to delete
- -n, --dry-run
- do not change repository
- -s, --stats
- print statistics for the deleted archive
- delete only the local cache for the given repository
- force deletion of corrupted archives, use --force --force in case
--force does not work.
- work slower, but using less space
- -P PREFIX, --prefix PREFIX
- only consider archive names starting with this prefix.
- -a GLOB, --glob-archives GLOB
- only consider archive names matching the glob. sh: rules apply, see
"borg help patterns". --prefix and --glob-archives
are mutually exclusive.
- --sort-by KEYS
- Comma-separated list of sorting keys; valid keys are: timestamp, name, id;
default is: timestamp
- --first N
- consider first N archives after other filters were applied
- --last N
- consider last N archives after other filters were applied
# delete a single backup archive:
$ borg delete /path/to/repo::Monday
# delete the whole repository and the related local cache:
$ borg delete /path/to/repo
You requested to completely DELETE the repository *including* all archives it contains:
repo Mon, 2016-02-15 19:26:54
root-2016-02-15 Mon, 2016-02-15 19:36:29
newname Mon, 2016-02-15 19:50:19
Type 'YES' if you understand this and want to continue: YES
The Borg Collective