|ypwhich(1)||General Commands Manual||ypwhich(1)|
ypwhich - return name of NIS server or map master
ypwhich [ -d domain ] [ -Vn ] [
ypwhich [ -d domain ] [ -t ] -m [ mname ]
ypwhich returns the name of the NIS server that supplies the NIS services to a NIS client, or which is the master for a map. If invoked without arguments, it gives the NIS server for the local machine. If hostname is specified, that machine is queried to find out which NIS master it is using.
- -d domain
- Specify a domain other than the default domain.
- This option inhibits map nickname translation.
- -m mname
- Find the master NIS server for a map. No hostname can be specified with the -m option. mname can be a mapname or nickname for a map. If mname is omitted, ypwhich will produce a list of available maps.
- Display the map nickname translation table.
- Version of ypbind(8), V3 is default. Use V2 for NIS clients not supporting IPv6.
- map nickname translation table.
ypwhich is part of the yp-tools package, which was written by Thorsten Kukuk <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
|April 2010||YP Tools 4.2.3|