|wxpaste(1)||General Commands Manual||wxpaste(1)|
wxpaste - output a cutbuffer to stdout
wxpaste outputs the contents of the specified cutbuffer to stdout. If no cutbuffer is specified, the cutbuffer 0 will be used as default.
- --cutbuffer number
- The data will be pasted from the specified cutbuffer, instead of the default 0.
- -display display-name
- Specifies the display where wxpaste should look for the data to be pasted.
- print a help message with the list of options.
- --selection [selection-name]
- The data will be copied from the named selection. If cutting from the selection fails, the cutbuffer will be used. The default value for the selection name is PRIMARY.
- print the version of Window Maker from which the program comes.
When used without a selection name, the --selection option must be the last one. The syntax could be cleaned, but backwards compatibility prevents that...
INCR and MULTIPLE selection types are not handled. Actually, only simple text selections are handled, which should be enough for most uses of a utility such as this.
This man page was written by Marcelo Magallon <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Window Maker was written by Alfredo K. Kojima <email@example.com>.