whohas - find packages in various distributions' repositories
whohas [--no-threads] [--shallow] [--strict] [-d
Dist1[,Dist2[,Dist3 etc.]]] pkgname
whohas is a command line tool to query package lists from the Arch, Debian,
Fedora, Gentoo, Mandriva, openSUSE, Slackware, Source Mage, Ubuntu, FreeBSD,
NetBSD, OpenBSD, Fink, MacPorts and Cygwin distributions.
- Don't use multiple threads to query package lists (will be much
- Limit to one call per server. Faster, but loses some information,
typically package size and release date.
- List only those packages that have exactly pkgname as their
- -d Dist1[,Dist2[,Dist3 etc.]]
- Queries only for packages for the listed distributions. Recognised values
for Dist1, Dist2, etc. are "archlinux", "cygwin",
"debian", "fedora", "fink",
"freebsd", "gentoo", "mandriva",
"macports", "netbsd", "openbsd",
"opensuse", "slackware", "sourcemage", and
- Package name to query for
whohas uses various files in ~/.whohas to cache package lists for some
See intro.txt or intro.html notes on using whohas.
whohas is written and maintained by Philipp Wesche <email@example.com>
This man page was written by Jonathan Wiltshire
<firstname.lastname@example.org> for the Debian project and adapted for a
new version by Philipp Wesche <email@example.com>