table of contents
|PMDADS389LOG(1)||General Commands Manual||PMDADS389LOG(1)|
pmdads389log - 389 Directory Server Log PMDA
pmdads389log is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which extracts statistics from 389 Directory Server access log using the logconv.pl(1) utility.
pmdads389log reads configuration file
This file can contain overridden values (Perl code) for the settings listed at the start of pmdads389log.pl, namely:
- logconv.pl parameters
- minimal query interval
- 389 DS access log to use
- 389 DS log directory to use (used if no file specified)
- non-root user having read access to the access log file
Once this is setup, you can access the names and values for the 389 DS performance metrics by doing the following as root:
# cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/ds389log # ./Install
To uninstall, do the following as root:
# cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/ds389log # ./Remove
pmdads389log is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed.
- configuration file for the pmdads389log agent
- installation script for the pmdads389log agent
- undo installation script for the pmdads389log agent
- default log file for error messages from pmdads389log
- 389 Directory Server access log parsed by logconv.pl
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configuration file, as described in pcp.conf(5).
PCPIntro(1), logconv.pl(1), pmcd(1) and pmdads389(1).