|RPC.IDMAPD(8)||System Manager's Manual||RPC.IDMAPD(8)|
rpc.idmapd — NFSv4
ID <-> Name Mapper
rpc.idmapd is the NFSv4 ID <-> name
mapping daemon. It provides functionality to the NFSv4 kernel client and
server, to which it communicates via upcalls, by translating user and group
IDs to names, and vice versa.
Note that on more recent kernels only the NFSv4 server uses
rpc.idmapd. The NFSv4 client instead uses
nfsidmap(8), and only falls back to
rpc.idmapd if there was a problem running the
The options are as follows:
- Display usage message.
- Increases the verbosity level (can be specified multiple times).
rpc.idmapdin the foreground and prints all output to the terminal.
- Specifies the location of the RPC pipefs to be path. The default value is "/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs".
- Use configuration file path.
- Client-only: perform no idmapping for any NFS server, even if one is detected.
- Server-only: perform no idmapping for any NFS client, even if one is detected.
rpc.idmapd -f -vvv
rpc.idmapd printing all messages to
console, and with a verbosity level of 3.
rpc.idmapd software has been developed
by Marius Aamodt Eriksen ⟨email@example.com⟩.
|February 3, 2003||Debian|