|ppmtopj(1)||General Commands Manual||ppmtopj(1)|
ppmtopj - convert a portable pixmap to an HP PaintJet file
ppmtopj [-gamma val] [-xpos val] [-ypos val] [-back dark|lite] [-rle] [-center] [-render none|snap|bw|dither|diffuse|monodither|monodiffuse|clusterdither|monoclusterdither] [ppmfile]
Reads a portable pixmap as input and converts it into a format suitable to be printed by an HP PaintJet printer.
For best results, the input file should be in 8-color RGB form; i.e. it should have only the 8 binary combinations of full-on and full-off primaries. You could get this by sending the input file through ppmquant -map with a map file such as:
Or else you could use use ppmdither -red 2 -green 2 -blue 2.
0 0 0 255 0 0 0 255 0 0 0 255
255 255 0 255 0 255 0 255 255 255 255 255
- Run length encode the image. (This can result in larger images)
- Enhance the foreground by indicating if the background is light or dark compated to the foreground.
- -render alg
- Use an internal rendering algorithm (default dither).
- -gamma int
- Gamma correct the image using the integet parameter as a gamma (default 0).
- Center the image to an 8.5 by 11 page
- -xpos pos
- Move by pos pixels in the x direction.
- -ypos pos
- Move by pos pixels in the y direction.
HP PaintJet XL Color Graphics Printer User's Guide
Most of the options have not been tested because of the price of the paper.
Copyright (C) 1991 by Christos Zoulas.
|13 July 1991|