|ELINK(1)||NCBI Entrez Direct User's Manual||ELINK(1)|
elink - look up related NCBI Entrez records
elink (edirect -link) [-help] [-related] [-target dbname] [-name name] [-db name] [-id ID(s)] [-input filename] [-cmd command] [-holding provider] [-cited] [-cites] [-batch]
elink follows links between Entrez databases, either extending an existing edirect(1) pipeline or honoring explicit -db and -id (or -input) options.
It has two implementations: a shell implementation on top of nquire(1) and a historical Perl implementation that amounts to running edirect -link, enabled by setting the environment variable USE_NEW_EDIRECT to a false value as described in the ENVIRONMENT section. Some options are implementation-specific, as detailed below.
Direct Record Selection¶
- -cmd command
- Command type (returns eLinkResult XML):
- history (shell implementation only)
- Save results in Entrez history server
- Neighbors or links
- Neighbors with computed similarity scores
- All links available
- Existence of neighbors
- Existence of external links (LinkOuts)
- Non-library LinkOut providers
- All LinkOut providers
- Primary LinkOut provider.
- -holding provider (Perl implementation only)
- Name of LinkOut provider.
PubMed Citation Lookup¶
- -batch (Perl implementation only)
- Bypass Entrez history mechanism.
- Print usage information.
- Whether to use the current shell implementation or revert to the historical Perl implementation. Canonical true values are 1, on (case-insensitive), true (case-insensitive), and yes (case-insensitive); canonical false values are 0, off (case-insensitive), false (case-insensitive), and no (case-insensitive).