|roar_simple_connect(3)||System Manager's Manual: RoarAudio||roar_simple_connect(3)|
roar_simple_connect, roar_simple_connect2 - Opens a connection to RoarAudio's sound server
int roar_simple_connect (struct roar_connection * con, char * server, char * name); int roar_simple_connect2(struct roar_connection * con, char * server, char * name, int flags, uint_least32_t timeout);
This calls opens a connection to the RoarAudio's sound server. To disconnect use roar_disconnect(3).
- The roar_connection object to be filled on success with all data needed for comunicating with the server. This is used by nearly all other functions.
- The host or filename of the socket of the server. Should normally be NULL to try default locations.
- The name of this client. Should be the name of the player without any paths or filenames.
- Flags used to connect to the server. Currently only ROAR_ENUM_FLAG_NONE and ROAR_ENUM_FLAG_NONBLOCK are supported. ROAR_ENUM_FLAG_NONBLOCK disables some of the server location features.
- Timeout for the connection. A value of zero means no timeout. Currently timeouts are not supported.
On success these calls return 0. On error, -1 is returned.