CSA3LS - cubic spline approximation, simple entry for three-dimensional input, list output
CALL CSA3LS (NI, XI, UI, KNOTS, NO, XO, YO, ZO, UO,
NWRK, WORK, IER)
- (integer,input) The number of input data points. It must be that NI .gt. 3 and, depending on the size of KNOTS below, NI may have to be larger.
- (real, input) An array containing the X - Y - Z coordinates of the input data points. XI is dimensioned for 3 x NI. XI(1,L) is the X coordinate, XI(2,L) is the Y coordinate, and XI(3,L) is the Z coordinate for the input domain for L=1,NI.
- (real, input) An array dimensioned for NI containing function values at the input XI values, that is, UI(L) is the value of the input function at XI(L) for L=1,NI.
- (integer, input) An array dimensioned for 3 containing the number of knots to be used in each coordinate direction for constructing the approximation spline. KNOTS(I) must be at least 4 for I=1,3. The larger the value for KNOTS, the closer the approximated curve will come to passing through the input function values.
- (integer, input) The number of coordinate values in the output list. NO can be any positive number.
- (real, input) An array dimensioned for NO containing the X coordinates of the output list.
- (real, input) An array dimensioned for NO containing the Y coordinates of the output list.
- (real, input) An array dimensioned for NO containing the Z coordinates of the output list.
- (real, output) An array dimensioned for NO containing the calculated function values for the output spline. UO(I) is the calculated functional value at (XO(I),YO(I),ZO(I)) for I=1,NO.
- (integer, input) The size of the WORK array. NWRK must be at least NK * (NK+3) where NK = KNOTS(1) * KNOTS(2) * KNOTS(3).
- (real, input) A work array dimensioned for NWRK.
- (integer, output) An error return value. If IER is returned as 0, then no errors were detected. If IER is non-zero, then refer to the man page for csagrid_errors for details.
CSA3LS is called to find an approximating cubic spline for three-dimensional input data. If you want to weight the input data values, calculate derivatives, or handle data sparse areas specially, then you will need to use CSA3LXS.
To use CSA3LS, load the NCAR Graphics library ngmath.
csagrid, csa3s, csa3xs, csa3lxs
Complete documentation for Csagrid is available at URL
Copyright (C) 2000
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
The use of this Software is governed by a License Agreement.