|explain_wait4_or_die(3)||Library Functions Manual||explain_wait4_or_die(3)|
explain_wait4_or_die - wait for process to change state and report errors
void explain_wait4_or_die(int pid, int *status, int options, struct rusage *rusage);
The explain_wait4_or_die function is used to call the wait4(2) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from explain_wait4(3), and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE).
This function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example:
explain_wait4_or_die(pid, status, options, rusage);
- The pid, exactly as to be passed to the wait4(2) system call.
- The status, exactly as to be passed to the wait4(2) system call.
- The options, exactly as to be passed to the wait4(2) system call.
- The rusage, exactly as to be passed to the wait4(2) system call.
- This function only returns on success, see wait4(2) for more information. On failure, prints an explanation and exits.
libexplain version 1.4
Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Miller