|ZBar::Processor(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||ZBar::Processor(3pm)|
Barcode::ZBar::Processor - self-contained bar code reader
use Barcode::ZBar; my $reader = Barcode::ZBar::Processor->new(); $reader->init("/dev/video1", 1); $reader->parse_config('code39.disable'); $reader->set_data_handler(\&my_handler);
scan an image:
scan from video:
$reader->set_visible(); $reader->set_active(); $reader->user_wait();
A Barcode::ZBar::Processor may be used to quickly create stand-alone bar code scanning applications. It has interfaces to scan images or video and to optionally display a video/image preview to a window.
This interface is not well suited for integration with an existing GUI, as the library manages the optional preview window and any user interaction. Use a Barcode::ZBar::ImageScanner or Investigate the available widget interfaces for GUI applications.
- Create a new bar code reader instance.
- init([video_device], [enable_display])
- Open a video input device and/or prepare to display output.
- set_data_handler([handler], [closure])
- Setup a callback to process results whenever new results are available from the video stream or a static image. The specified callable will be invoked with the associated Barcode::ZBar::Processor object and closure as arguments. Closure may be achieved either using standard Perl closure or by manually passing a scalar via closure.
- Test/set visibility of the output window.
- Enable/disable video streaming and scanning for bar codes.
- Return a list of Barcode::ZBar::Symbol results from the last scanned image or video frame.
- Wait for the user to press a key/button or close the window. Bar codes will continue to be processed if video is active.
- Enable video and scan until at least one barcode is found. Note that multiple results may still be returned.
- Scan a Barcode::ZBar::Image for bar codes.
- Apply a decoder configuration setting. See the documentation for "zbarcam"/"zbarimg" for available configuration options.
- request_size(width, height)
- Request a preferred size for the video image from the device. The request may be adjusted or completely ignored by the driver. Must be called before "init()"
Barcode::ZBar, Barcode::ZBar::Image, Barcode::ZBar::ImageScanner
Jeff Brown, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE¶
Copyright 2008-2010 (c) Jeff Brown <email@example.com>
The ZBar Bar Code Reader is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.