|LDAP2DNS(1)||General Commands Manual||LDAP2DNS(1)|
ldap2dns - LDAP based DNS management system
ldap2dns[d] [-D binddn] [-b searchbase] [-o data|db] [-h host] [-p port] [-w password] [-L[filename]] [-u numsecs] [-v[v]] [-V]
This manual page documents briefly the ldap2dns commands. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page yet.
ldap2dns is an efficient, administration friendly way to maintain DNS information and distribute DNS records to multiple primary DNS servers running djbdns or BIND
A summary of commanline options is included below.
- -D binddn
- Use the distinguished name binddn to bind to the LDAP directory.
- -w bindpasswd
- Use bindpasswd as the password for simple authentication.
- Use searchbase as the starting point for the search instead of the default.
- -o data
- Generate a "data" file to be processed by tinydns-data
- -o db
- For each zone generate a "<zonename>.db" file to be used by named
- Print output in LDIF format for reimport.
- -h host
- Hostname of LDAP server, defaults to localhost.
- -p port
- Portnumber to connect to LDAP server, defaults to 389
- -u numsecs
- Update DNS data after numsecs. Defaults to 59 if started as daemon.
Important notice: data.cdb is rewritten only after DNSserial in DNSzone is increased.
- -e exec-cmd
- This command is executed after ldap2dns regenerated its data files.
- Run in verbose mode.
- Run in even more verbose mode.
- Print version and exit.
LDAP2DNS_UPDATE The LDAP2DNS_UPDATE environment variable sets the time interval in seconds to update DNS data. This variable is overridden by -u option.
LDAP2DNS_OUTPUT Specify the type of output. It may be set to 'data' so that its output may be used by tinydns. It may be set to 'db' so that its output may be used by
TINYDNSDIR The root-directory used by tinydns, ie. the one in which to tinydns expects its 'data'-file.
Options specified here fulfil the same purpose as for other ldap-tools.
Please visit the project homepage for more detail: [http://ldap2dns.tiscover.com/]
This manual page was written by Johann Botha <firstname.lastname@example.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system and is distributed under the GPL version 2 or later.
Jacob Rief <email@example.com> is the original author of this program.
|May 22, 2001|