|LM-PROFILER.CONF(8)||System Manager's Manual||LM-PROFILER.CONF(8)|
/etc/laptop-mode/lm-profiler.conf - Configuration file for lm-profiler, a profiler for laptop-mode-tools.
This manual page documents the options that can be set in the /etc/laptop-mode/lm-profiler.conf configuration file. For a description of what lm-profiler does, see the lm-profiler(8) manpage.
The syntax of options is OPTION=value.
The following settings are available in lm-profiler.conf:
- Set this to 1 if you want to see a lot of output when you run lm-profiler, and 0 if you don't want this. Useful for debugging purposes. (Currently does nothing.)
- The length of a profiling run, in seconds. This should be a while, so that lm-profiler can gather enough information. The default is 10 minutes (600 seconds).
- The behaviour that you want to avoid when you have your hard drive spun down, is disk accesses that are spread out over time, because your hard drive will have to spin up for each access. lm-profiler detects when applications perform disk accesses that are at least some time apart (otherwise they can be considered part of the same access) but not TOO far apart (otherwise they are no problem). These settings configure what lm-profiler considers "at least some time apart" and "too far apart", respectively, in seconds.
- If RECOMMEND_DEFAULT_SERVICES is set to 1 (enabled), then lm-profiler will always suggest turning off the services listed in DEFAULT_SERVICES (separated by spaces).
- Programs listed in this option, separated by spaces, will be ignored for disk activity profiling. The default settings (which can be referenced as $DEF_IGNORE_PROGRAMS) include common utility programs and all programs used by lm-profiler itself.
- When this option is enabled (value 1), lm-profiler will detect any services that are listening on network ports, and it will suggest that you disable them.
- Services listed in this configuration option (separated by spaces) are not suggested as a network service by lm-profiler. The default values can be accessed as $DEF_IGNORE_NETWORK_SERVICES.
This manual page was written by Bart Samwel (email@example.com). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.