|PING6(1)||General Commands Manual (urm)||PING6(1)|
ping6 — send ICMP6
ECHO_REQUEST packets to network hosts
||[option ...] host ...|
Send ICMP6 ECHO_REQUEST packets to network hosts and report the replies received.
- Stop after sending the total number of packets.
- Wait for pause seconds between sending each packet.
- Stop after end seconds.
- Do not resolve host addresses.
- Set the maximum allowed number of hops to limit.
- Send directly to a host on an attached network.
- Set the traffic class.
- Flood ping (root only).
- Send an initial number of packets as fast as possible before falling into normal mode of behavior (root only).
- Fill ICMP6 packets with the given pattern (hex).
- Send the number of data octets in each packet.
- Verbose output.
- Quiet output.
- Set the
- Give this help list.
- Give a short usage message.
- Print program version.
Options marked with (root only) are available only to the superuser.
|February 9, 2019||GNU Network Utilities|