|GRUB-INSTALL(8)||System Administration Utilities||GRUB-INSTALL(8)|
grub-install - install GRUB on your drive
grub-install [OPTION] install_device
Install GRUB on your drive.
- -h, --help
- print this message and exit
- -v, --version
- print the version information and exit
- install GRUB images under the directory DIR instead of the root directory
- use FILE as the grub shell
- do not probe any floppy drive
- force GRUB to use LBA mode even for a buggy BIOS
- probe a device map even if it already exists
INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device name or a system device filename.
grub-install copies GRUB images into the DIR/boot directory specfied by --root-directory, and uses the grub shell to install grub into the boot sector.
Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The full documentation for grub-install is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-install programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info grub-install
should give you access to the complete manual. You may need to install the grub-legacy-doc package.
|December 2020||grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97)|