|GBSPLAYRC(5)||Gameboy sound player||GBSPLAYRC(5)|
gbsplayrc - Gameboy sound player configuration file
This manpage describes the configuration file format of gbsplay(1).
A configuration file is a text file that may contain options for gbsplay(1) as well as comments.
Comments are introduced by a hash mark ("#"). A comment continues to the end of the line.
Whitespace, including empty lines, is ignored.
An option is set by giving the option name, followed by an equal sign ("=") and the option value.
Option value types¶
Option values can be of these types:
- An integer number in decimal. 0 is considered false, everything else is true.
- A single character denoting the endianness:
- endian = Endian
- Set the output endianness.
- fadeout = Integer
- Set the fadeout time in seconds. Instead of cutting the subsong off hard, do a soft fadeout.
- loop = Boolean
- Enable or disable loop mode. In loop mode the playback will restart from the beginning after the last subsong has been played.
- output_plugin = Plugin
- Set the sound output plugin.
- rate = Integer
- Set the samplerate in Hz.
- refresh_delay = Integer
- Set the refresh delay in milliseconds. Larger values will lower CPU usage, but things as subsong changes, fadeouts, reactions to keypresses and the on-screen display will be delayed.
- silence_timeout = Integer
- Set the silence timeout in seconds. When a subsong contains silence for the given time, the player will skip to the next subsong.
- subsong_gap = Integer
- Set the subsong gap in seconds. Before playing the next subsong after the subsong timeout, subsong-gap seconds of silence will be played.
- subsong_timeout = Integer
- Set the subsong timeout in seconds. When a subsong has been played for the given time, the player will skip to the next subsong. A timeout of 0 seconds disables automatic subsong changes.
- verbosity = Integer
- Set the verbosity level (default: 3). A value of 0 means no messages on stdout.
- Default location of the global configuration file.
- User configuration file.
If you encounter bugs, please report them via https://github.com/mmitch/gbsplay/issues or write to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
A simple configuration file might look like this:
# select NAS output plugin and play subsongs for at most 5 minutes output_plugin = nas subsong_timeout = 300
gbsplay was written by Tobias Diedrich <email@example.com> (with contributions from others, see README).
gbsplay is licensed under GNU GPL v1 or, at your option, any later version.