|FREEDROIDRPG(6)||Games Manual (urm)||FREEDROIDRPG(6)|
freedroidRPG — a
futuristic immersive RPG about fighting bots
FreedroidRPG tells the story of a world destroyed by a conflict between robots and their human masters. Play as Tux in a quest to save the world from the murderous rebel bots who know no mercy. You get to choose which path you wish to follow, and freedom of choice is everywhere in the game.
FreedroidRPG features a real time combat system with melee and ranged weapons, fairly similar to the proprietary game Diablo. There is an innovative system of programs that can be run in order to take control of enemy robots, alter their behavior, or improve one's characteristics. You can use over 150 different kinds of items and fight countless enemies on your way to your destiny. An advanced dialog system provides story background and immersive role playing situations.
Please see the README or the tutorial in the game for more details.
Periodically we release updated versions of FreedroidRPG with expanded plot, requested features, and other improvements. Please check the FreedroidRPG Homepage for the most updated versions of the game.
- List command-line options.
- Prints out FreedroidRPG version information.
- Suppress sound output.
- Work in full screen mode. Note that fullscreen or window mode can also be toggled from within the game via the options menu.
- Start FreedroidRPG in a window rather than using full screen mode.
- Use SDL rendering rather than OpenGL.
- Selects a resolution to start the game in. -r 99 lists common resolutions. Resolutions can also be set in-game. You can also specify a resolution via -r800x600.
- Skips the main menu and opens up the level editor.
- Skip the main menu and load the saved game. The parameter character-name should be saved game name.
- Starts the game in systems default language.
- Shows mostly useless debug output. Debug level (X) maybe 0-5, default is 1.
$HOME/.freedroid_rpg/fdrpg.cfg The file containing all configuration settings of this user.
$HOME/.freedroid_rpg/*.sav.gz Saved games for the characters.
$HOME/.freedroid_rpg/*.thumbnail.png Thumbnail images of the characters.
$HOME/.freedroid_rpg/*.shp Game state for the saved games.
$HOME/.freedroid_rpg/*.bkp* Next to last saved game.
We make every effort to release stable versions of FreedroidRPG. However we're sure that there are still some bugs here and there. Please see the FAQ in the README for common issues. If you encounter any problems or bugs, please contact us:
#freedroid on irc.freenode.net
freedroidRPG was written by
FreedroidRPG Development Team
⟨firstname.lastname@example.org⟩ led by Arthur
Huillet. Visit us at the
FreedroidRPG Homepage for
updates or if you'd like to help.
|February 22, 2011||Debian|