|DIRVISH-RUNALL(8)||System Manager's Manual||DIRVISH-RUNALL(8)|
dirvish-runall - run a set of dirvish backup jobs.
Run all the jobs specified in the Runall field of the dirvish master configuration file.
Each option may be unambiguously abbreviated.
- --config configfile
- Read configfile for the Runall: field. By default
dirvish-runall will use the Runall: field from the master
This will only be used by dirvish-runall itself and not be propagated to the dirvish processes.
See dirvish.conf(5) for more details.
- Don't actually do anything. Just display what would have happened.
- Run quietly, only report errors.
Normally dirvish-runall will report the dirvish commands invoked with timestamps.
- Print the version information and exit.
To facilitate further automation and integration of dirvish-runall with other tools dirvish-runall provides rationalised exit codes. The exit codes are range based. While the code for a specific error may change from one version to another it will remain within the specified range. So don't test for specific exit codes but instead test for a range of values. To the degree possible higher value ranges indicate more severe errors.
- Number of dirvish jobs that failed. If more than 199 jobs failed 199 will be the exit code.
- An error was encountered in loading a configuration file.
- An error was detected in the configuration.
- Incorrect usage.
- alternate master configuration file.
- master configuration file.