visir_util_repack - Conversion of raw CUBE2 or BURST images to on- and off-cubes
esorex visir_util_repack [OPTIONS] FILE.sof
The files listed in the Set Of Frames (sof-file) must be tagged: VISIR-CUBE2-raw-file.fits CUBE2 or VISIR-BURST-raw-file.fits BURST VISIR-BURST-bpm-file.fits STATIC_MASK For BURST data it will remove planes where the chopper switched from on <-> off based on the timestamps in the header.
The product(s) will have a FITS card ´HIERARCH ESO PRO CATG´ with a value of one of: IMG_REPACKED_A_ON (NodPos: A, ChopPos: on) IMG_REPACKED_A_OFF (NodPos: A, ChopPos: off) IMG_REPACKED_B_ON (NodPos: B, ChopPos: on) IMG_REPACKED_B_OFF (NodPos: B, ChopPos: off) For CUBE2, the recipe will produce a static bad-pixel map, it will have a FITS card ´HIERARCH ESO PRO CATG´ with a value of: STATIC_MASK
- --planestart <int>
- Plane number to start repacking from in each nod cycle,earlier planes are skipped. (int; default: 0). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_util_repack.planestart [default = 0].
- --planelimit <int>
- Limit number of processed inputplanes. It will repack until at least this number of input images have been processed or the full dataset has been repacked. Always full chop cycles need to be repacked so the number is adjusted upward to the next multiple of images per chop cycle. <= 0 for no limit. (int; default: -1). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_util_repack.planelimit [default = -1].
- --ncycles <int>
- Number of full on-off cycles to repack per nod cycles. <= 0 for all. (int; default: -1). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_util_repack.ncycles [default = -1].
- --trimlow <int>
- Burst data only. Number of additional planes to cut from before each plane with chopper movement. (int; default: 0). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_util_repack.trimlow [default = 0].
- --trimhigh <int>
- Burst data only. Number of additional planes to cut from after each plane with chopper movement. A value of -1 does not skip the plane of the movement. (int; default: 0). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_util_repack.trimhigh [default = 0].
- --bkgcorrect <str>
- Output background corrected planes by subtracting chop (on/off) and nod (A/B) planes Options: none: no correction chop: on - off chopnod: (Aon - Aoff) - (Bon - Boff) (str; default: ´none´). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_util_repack.bkgcorrect [default = none].
- --normalize <bool>
- Normalize planes by DIT (bool; default: True). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_util_repack.normalize [default = True].
- --compress <bool>
- Apply lossless compression on output files. Can only be done for integer type results. (bool; default: False). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_util_repack.compress [default = False].
- --lincorrect <bool>
- Apply linearity correction. Should only be enabled on high flux observations, may degrade results otherwise. (bool; default: False). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_util_repack.lincorrect [default = False].
Note that it is possible to create a configuration file containing these options, along with suitable default values. Please refer to the details provided by the 'esorex --help' command.
The full documentation for the visir pipeline can be downloaded as a PDF file using the following URL:
An overview over the existing ESO pipelines can be found on the web page https://www.eso.org/sci/software/pipelines/.
Basic documentation about the EsoRex program can be found at the esorex (1) man page.
It is possible to call the pipelines from python using the python-cpl package. See https://packages.python.org/python-cpl/index.html for further information.
The other recipes of the visir pipeline are visir_img_dark(7), visir_img_ff(7), visir_img_reduce(7), visir_img_trans(7), visir_old_img_combine(7), visir_old_img_phot(7), visir_old_spc_obs(7), visir_old_spc_obs_ech(7), visir_old_spc_phot(7), visir_old_spc_phot_ech(7), visir_old_spc_wcal(7), visir_old_spc_wcal_ech(7), visir_old_util_destripe(7), visir_spc_reduce(7), visir_util_apply_calib(7), visir_util_clip(7), visir_util_convert_weight(7), visir_util_detect_shift(7), visir_util_img_std_cat(7), visir_util_join(7), visir_util_qc(7), visir_util_run_swarp(7), visir_util_spc_std_cat(7), visir_util_spc_txt2fits(7), visir_util_undistort(7)
Lars Lundin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Please report any problems to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send a report to the ESO User Support Department <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This file is part of the VISIR Instrument Pipeline Copyright (C) 2011 European Southern Observatory
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA