|BAMFILTERHEADER2(1)||General Commands Manual||BAMFILTERHEADER2(1)|
bamfilterheader2 - filter auxiliary tags from BAM file
bamfilterheader2 reads a BAM file from a file, filters the header and writes the resulting data to standard output as a BAM file. Filtering the header consists of removing sequence (SQ) lines and read group (RG) lines which are not referenced in any alignment. The input file is scanned twice during the process, so the name of the input file needs to be provided using the I key.
The following key=value pairs can be given, where the keep and remove keys are mutually exclusive.
I=<inputfilename>: name of input BAM file
level=<-1|0|1|9|11>: set compression level of the output BAM file. Valid values are
- zlib/gzip default compression level
- zlib/gzip level 1 (fast) compression
- zlib/gzip level 9 (best) compression
If libmaus has been compiled with support for igzip (see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/igzip-a-high-performance-deflate-compressor-with-optimizations-for-genomic-data) then an additional valid value is
- igzip compression
verbose=<1>: Valid values are
- print progress report on standard error
- do not print progress report
tmpfile=<filename>: prefix for temporary files. By default the temporary files are created in the current directory
md5=<0|1>: md5 checksum creation for output file. Valid values are
- do not compute checksum. This is the default.
- compute checksum. If the md5filename key is set, then the checksum is written to the given file. If md5filename is unset, then no checksum will be computed.
md5filename file name for md5 checksum if md5=1.
index=<0|1>: compute BAM index for output file. Valid values are
- do not compute BAM index. This is the default.
- compute BAM index. If the indexfilename key is set, then the BAM index is written to the given file. If indexfilename is unset, then no BAM index will be computed.
indexfilename file name for BAM index if index=1.
Written by German Tischler.
Report bugs to <email@example.com>
Copyright © 2009-2014 German Tischler, © 2011-2014
Genome Research Limited. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.