table of contents
net2kiss - convert a network AX.25 driver to a KISS stream on a pseudo-tty
net2kiss [-sfzva] [-i ifname] ptyname
net2kiss takes AX.25 packets from an AX.25 kernel network interface and converts them into a KISS data stream via a pseudo-tty.
- specifies the path to the pseudo-tty. If you use the special name "/dev/ptmx", then a Unix98-PTY pair is used; the pty name is written to stdout.
- -i ifname
- specifies the name of the kernel AX.25 network interface. The default is bc0.
- tells net2kiss to search by itself for a free pseudoterminal, open the master side and create a symlink named by -p to the slave side.
- can be used in conjunction with -s to force the creation of the symlink even if the target file does already exist. *DANGEROUS*
- Verbose output. Displays error messages during operation and decoded packets to stdout.
- put the network interface into promiscious mode.
- receive every packet instead of only AX.25 from the kernel AX.25 network interface.
Thomas M. Sailer, HB9JNX/AE4WA, <email@example.com>
|15 January 2009|