|ancient(1)||General Commands Manual||ancient(1)|
ancient - decompression routines for ancient formats
ancient [identify|verify|decompress|scan] inputfile optionaloutputfile
This manual page documents briefly the ancient command.
ancient is a collection of decompression routines for old
formats popular in the Amiga, Atari computers and some other systems from
80's and 90's as well as some that are currently used which were used in a
some specific way in these old systems.
For simple usage both a simple command line application as well as a simple API to use the decompressors are provided. The compression algorithm is automatically detected in most cases, however there are some corner cases where it is not entirely reliable due to weaknesses in the old format used.
These programs DO NOT follow the usual GNU command line syntax.
- identify packed_input_file
- Identifies compression used in a file.
- verify packed_input_file unpacked_comparison_file
- Verifies decompression against known good unpacked file.
- decompress packed_input_file output_file
- Decompresses single file
- scan input_dir output_dir
- Scans input directory recursively and stores all found. Known compressed streams to separate files in output directory.
|December 25 2020|