|IASL(1)||General Commands Manual||IASL(1)|
iasl - ACPI Source Language compiler/decompiler
iasl [<option>...] <input-file> ...
This manual page briefly documents the iasl command. The option list is taken from the iasl interactive help.
iasl is an ASL compiler and decompiler. This command provides both the ability to translate one or more ASL source files to their corresponding AML binary files, and the ability to translate AML binary files back to readable ASL source.
Much more detailed documentation may be found at http://www.acpica.org/documentation/.
- -p <prefix>
- Specify path/filename prefix for all output files
- Disable all errors and warnings (summary only)
- Less verbose errors and warnings for use with IDEs
- Enable optimization comments
- Disable remarks
- Disable signon
- Set warning reporting level
- Report warnings as errors
AML and Data Output Files¶
AML Code Generation¶
- Disable all optimizations (compatibility mode)
- Disable constant folding
- Disable integer optimization to Zero/One/Ones
- Disable named reference string optimization
- Disable Resource Descriptor error checking
- Ignore NoOp operators
- -r <revision>
- Override table header Revision (1-255)
ASL Listing Files¶
ACPI Data Tables¶
- -d [<file>]
- Disassemble AML to ASL source code file (*.dsl)
- -da [<file1>,<file2>]
- Disassemble multiple tables from single namespace
- Do not translate Buffers to Resource Templates
- -dc [<file>]
- Disassemble AML and immediately compile it
(Obtain DSDT from current system if no input file)
- -e [<file1>,<file2>]
- Include ACPI table(s) for external symbol resolution
- Get ACPI tables and write to files (*.dat)
- Ignore NoOp opcodes
- Dump binary table date in hex format within output file
iasl was written by Robert Moore <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This manual page was written by Mattia Dongili <email@example.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). It was updated for the Fedora project by Al Stone <firstname.lastname@example.org> (and may also be used by others).
|January 23, 2013|