fixps - sanitize PostScript files
fixps [OPTIONS] FILE
Try to fix common PostScript problems that break postprocessing.
- -h, --help
- display this help and exit
- -v, --version
- display version information and exit
- -q, --quiet
- don't print informational messages
- -o, --output=FILE
- save result in FILE. If FILE is `-', send to stdout
- -f, --force
- force full rewrite by ghostscript
- -n, --no-fix
- don't fix the FILE, but still honor `-o'
- -c, --check, --dry-run
- don't perform any action
- - Remove junk before and after PostScript content - Use only Unix end of lines (
- - Remove empty lines - Fix Apple prologue (fixmacps) - Fix FrameMaker prologue (fixfmps) - Fix CorelDraw prologue (fixnt) - Fix Windows NT 3.5/4.0 prologue (fixnt) - Fix Windows 95 prologue - Ensure there is a `%%BeginSetup/%%EndSetup' section - Removes Canvas' extraneaous `%%EndDocument:' comments - Split too long lines
If the FILE seems really in a bad state, ghostscript may be used to perform a full rewrite. The output might then be significantly bigger, but much safer.
Written by Akim Demaille.
Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Copyright © 1998-2000 Akim Demaille, Miguel Santana
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The full documentation for fixps is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and fixps programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info fixps
should give you access to the complete manual.
|February 2021||fixps 1.5 (GNU a2ps 4.14)|