manage on-disk version of ZFS filesystems
- Displays a list of file systems that are not the most recent version.
- Displays a list of currently supported file system versions.
- Upgrades file systems to a new on-disk version. Once this is done, the
file systems will no longer be accessible on systems running older
versions of ZFS.
streams generated from new snapshots of these file systems cannot be
accessed on systems running older versions of ZFS.
In general, the file system version is independent of the pool
version. See zpool-features(7) for information on
features of ZFS storage pools.
In some cases, the file system version and the pool version
are interrelated and the pool version must be upgraded before the file
system version can be upgraded.
- Upgrade to version. If not specified, upgrade to
the most recent version. This option can only be used to increase the
version number, and only up to the most recent version supported by
this version of ZFS.
- Upgrade all file systems on all imported pools.
- Upgrade the specified file system.
- Upgrade the specified file system and all descendent file