telegram-desktop - fast and secure messaging
INT] [-workdir PATH]
This manual page documents how to run Telegram Desktop,
official Telegram client.
Although the program is primarily a GUI application, it
understands various command line arguments, some of them are described in
the present document.
- Apply automatic start. It works if only auto-starting is allowed in
settings and the app is not locked by a passcode. Telegram will start
minimized in the system tray if the corresponding checkbox has been
- Do not show the main window, just start in the system tray. Useful for
automatic unconditional launching.
- Remove an autostart shortcut effectively disabling the feature then
- Run in debug mode immediately. See full logs in working directory or in
standard location at ~/.local/share/TelegramDesktop/DebugLogs.
- -scale INT
- Set initial interface scale factor. Possible values are measured in
percents from 75 up to 300 inclusive. The application remembers last used
- Change current working directory to specified path before start. All
Telegram data will be stored encrypted in this folder. It must exist
before start. You can pass this option to partition different app
instances that run in parallel.
- Specify Telegram link in tg:// scheme. Double dash is mandatory. This is
for opening chats by t.me site.
There are also some other hidden options not intended for direct