|PW-LINK(1)||General Commands Manual||PW-LINK(1)|
pw-link - The PipeWire Link Command
pw-link [options] -o|-i|-l [out-pattern] [in-pattern]
pw-link [options] output input
pw-link [options] -d output input
pw-link [options] -d link-id
List, create and destroy links between PipeWire ports.
- Show version information.
LISTING PORTS AND LINKS¶
Specify one of -o, -i or -l to list the matching optional input and output ports and their links.
- -o | --output
- List output ports
- -i | --input
- List output ports
- -l | --links
- List links
- -m | --monitor
- Monitor links and ports. pw-link will not exit but monitor and print new and destroyed ports or links.
- -I | --id
- List IDs. Also list the unique link and port ids.
- -v | --verbose
- Verbose port properties. Also list the port-object-path and the port-alias.
Whithout any list option (-i, -o or -l), the given ports will be linked. Valid port specifications are:
- As obtained with the -I option when listing ports.
- As obtained when listing ports.
- As obtained from the first alternative name for the port when listing them with the -v option.
- As obtained from the second alternative name for the ports when listing them with the -v option.
Extra options when linking can be given:
- -L | --linger
- Linger. Will create a link that exists after pw-link is destroyed. This is the default behaviour, unless the -m option is given.
- -P | --passive
- Passive link. A passive link will keep both nodes it links inactive unless another non-passive link is activating the nodes. You can use this to link a sink to a filter and have them both suspended when nothing else is linked to either of them.
- -p | --props=PROPS
- Properties as JSON object. Give extra properties when creaing the link.
When the -d option is given, an existing link between port is destroyed.
To disconnect port, a single link-id, as obtained when listing links with the -I option, or two port specifications can be given. See the connecting ports section for valid port specifications.
- -d | --disconnect
- Disconnect ports
- pw-link -iol
- List all port and their links.
- pw-link -lm
- List all links and monitor changes until pw-link is stopped.
- pw-link paplay:output_FL alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo:playback_FL
- Link the given output port to the input port.
- pw-link -lI
- List links and their Id.
- pw-link -d 89
- Destroy the link with id 89.
The PipeWire Developers <https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/pipewire/issues>; PipeWire is available from https://pipewire.org