dh_installchangelogs - install changelogs into package build directories
dh_installchangelogs [debhelper options] [-k] [-Xitem] [--no-trim] [upstream]
dh_installchangelogs is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing changelogs into package build directories.
An upstream changelog file may be specified as an option. If none is specified, dh_installchangelogs may look for files with names that seem likely to be changelogs as described in the next paragraphs.
In non-native packages, dh_installchangelogs will first look for changelog files installed by the upstream build system into usr/share/doc/package (of the package build directory) and rename the most likely candidate (if any) to usr/share/doc/package/changelog. Note that dh_installchangelogs does not look into any source directory (such as debian/tmp). Otherwise, dh_installchangelogs (at compatibility level 7 or any later) will look for changelog files in the source directory (e.g. the root or the docs subdirectory). It will look for changelog, changes and history optionally with common extensions (such as .txt, .md and .rst).
If a changelog file is specified and is an html file (determined by file extension), it will be installed as usr/share/doc/package/changelog.html instead. If the html changelog is converted to plain text, that variant can be specified as a second parameter. When no plain text variant is specified, a short usr/share/doc/package/changelog is generated, pointing readers at the html changelog file.
The debchange-style Debian changelogs are trimmed to include only entries more recent than the release date of oldstable. No trimming will be performed if the --no-trim option is passed or if the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS environment variable contains notrimdch.
- Automatically installed into usr/share/doc/package/ in the package
Use the package specific name if package needs a different NEWS or changelog file.
The changelog file is installed with a name of changelog for native packages, and changelog.Debian for non-native packages. The NEWS file is always installed with a name of NEWS.Debian.
- -k, --keep
- Keep the original name of the upstream changelog. This will be accomplished by installing the upstream changelog as changelog, and making a symlink from that to the original name of the changelog file. This can be useful if the upstream changelog has an unusual name, or if other documentation in the package refers to the changelog file.
- -Xitem, --exclude=item
- Exclude upstream changelog files that contain item anywhere
in their filename from being installed.
Note that directory name of the changelog is also part of the match.
- Install the full changelog, not its trimmed version that includes only recent entries.
- Install this file as the upstream changelog.
This program is a part of debhelper.
Joey Hess <email@example.com>